Volunteer led Brighton Bike Hub are providing Dr Bike cycle checks every Friday & Saturday, from 21 August until the end of October. The checks are free of charge although donations always appreciated), thanks to funding through Cycling UK’s Big Bike Revival programme, supported by the Department for Transport.
The Bike Dr will carry out a comprehensive ‘M-Check’, minor repairs and replacement of small parts, to ensure your bike is safe and roadworthy, and advise if further work needs to be carried out.
Dr Bike health checks may include the following checks & parts replacements:
• Brakes – Calliper and cable adjustment, cable, and pad replacement.
• Gears – Indexing, adjustment, and cable replacement
• Chain – Check for wear, lubricate if necessary
• Tyres – Inflate and repair punctures repair/ replace tube as necessary
• Check nuts, bolts, headset and bottom bracket
• Check and replace missing bar plugs & cable end caps.