Family Mosaic (in partnership with the council) are offering a free Winter Warmth Service to provide advice on keeping warm in winter and installing simple energy saving measures – all aimed at making the home safer and warmer ready for next winter.
In addition through the Handyperson service run by In Touch Support we can offer practical assistance free of charge, which can cover the following services if appropriate (and subject to funding availability):
- Emergency heating (convector heaters) in event of heating failures.
- Rapid Ice Melt (to disperse snow and ice)
- Fire guards
- Minor building repairs to prevent water ingress (broken windows, etc.)
- Ensure main access is free from vegetation (such as slippery moss)
- Gutter checks to assist in clearance where appropriate
- Lagging of external exposed pipes
You must live within the boundaries of Brighton and Hove City Council, have savings under £6,000 and be one of the following:
- Aged 70 or over
- Disabled (receive DLA/Incapacity Benefit/Blue Car Badge)
- A single parent with at least one child under the age of 18
- A family with at least one child under the age of 6